The art and science of landscape design and development should be like a musical composition: a symphony of sight, sound, taste and touch.
Our Design Philosophy
We design visceral landscapes that engage the senses and nourish the soul. We also design for the planet, guided by ecology and restoration to create regenerative landscape solutions. Our designs work to actively improve our soil, water, air and local habitat. Learn more about our promise as landscape ecologists.
Our Design Process
- Your vision as a client is an indispensable part of the design process.
- Together we establish program goals, budget, and constraints.
- Contact us to schedule your consultation.
Site Observation, Measurement & Analysis:
- Inventory of property from an ecological and ornamental perspective
- Observe sun paths, soil types, storm water, circulation, flow, existing vegetation, viewsheds, potential for habitat and ecosystem services
- On-site measurements and elevations guide the design phase.
Design Proposal, Conceptual Drawing:
- Designs range from Master Plans to conceptual drawings, depending on client needs.
- Architectural drawings, 3D renderings, and construction drawings available upon request.
- All designs include a ready-to-build plant list, installation schedule, and cost estimate.
- Our experienced crews are motivated to take your landscape to its greatest potential.
- Horticultural expertise, master masonry craftsmanship, and superior project management are hallmarks of our work.
Holistic Maintenance Program
- The beauty of landscape design is its constant evolution!
- Strategic maintenance strategies will ensure the health of your plants and durability of the design.
- Hire GJL as your full-service maintenance provider, or we'll consult with your team on an ecological maintenance program.
Expert Construction Crews
See your custom design come to fruition with our experienced craftsman and landscape professionals. Our installation services include:
Custom Masonry, Stone, Tile and Brick Work
- Stone Paths, Staircases, Patios, Retaining Walls
- Stucco and Stone Veneer
- Decks, Boardwalks, Fences, Arbors, Pergolas, Gazebos
Driveways, Curbing, Edging
- Permeable Asphalt and Permeable Pavers
- Gravel, Belgium Block, Asphalt and Pavers
Grading, Terraforming, Terracing
Custom Water Features
- Waterfalls, Fountains, Streams, Natural Swimming Ponds
- Drainage Systems
- Erosion Control
Planting Informed by Horticultural Expertise
- Trees, Shrubs, Perennials, Annuals, Turf, Sod, Container Plantings, Vertical Gardens