Natural & Native Landscape Design
We are thrilled to work in Bedford among a community so driven to enact smart environmental programs. Green Jay Landscaping is a local provider of natural, environmentally-friendly and ecologically responsible landscape design services.
Our Organic Property Maintenance program is recognized by the Bedford 2020 Healthy Yard Program, and our Ecological Consulting department has partnered with Bedford Audubon on ecological and wetland restoration projects.
Below are some local resources you might find useful as a Bedford homeowner.
- Bedford 2030 – The community has pledged to reduce carbon emissions by 80% by 2030 and to preserve natural resources. The campaign spans from energy and food to waste and land use.
- Bedford Healthy Yard Program – Green Jay Landscaping is an approved Healthy Yards landscaper. We are practitioners of the pledge to avoid synthetic chemical applications (fertilizers and pesticides), to choose native plants adapted to local conditions that attract pollinators and wildlife, and to reduce water and gasoline use through smart landscape design.
- Bedford Pollinator Pathway – A joint effort between the Town of Bedford, Bedford Residents, and neighboring communities to map, design, and construct pollinator gardens in a streamlined "pathway" connecting larger habitats with essential pollen and nectar sources for pollinators. Part of the larger Hudson to Housatonic Regional Conservation Partnership (H2H).
- Bedford Town Code – Of particular relevance to landscape projects are the local laws regarding wetlands, stormwater management, zoning, and subdivision of land.
- Bedford Audobon – Gorgeous location for naturalist walks & wildlife spottings! Check out their guidelines for Bird Friendly Communities!
- Leave Leaves Alone – A grassroots organization that promotes shredding and storing leaves on site to take advantage of natural nutrient cycles, instead of expending energy and money to cart them away. GJL practices leaf mulching as part of our ecological promise and commitment to NOFA, ELA and Healthy Yards.
- Bedford Building Department
- Bedford Recycling Guide