Jay Archer has designed and worked in Bedford Hills for over two decades. It is an honor and pleasure to work within a community so motivated to enact smart environmental programs. It truly takes a village!
Below are some local resources you might find useful as a Bedford Hills homeowner.
- Bedford Hills Downtown Reinvestment Initiative
- Bedford 2020 – The Bedford community has pledged to reduce carbon emissions by 20% by 2020 and to preserve natural resources. The campaign spans from energy and food to waste and land use. We thoroughly applaud this initiative!
- Bedford Healthy Yards Program – Green Jay Landscaping is an approved Healthy Yards landscaper. Learn more about this town-wide commitment to native plants, chemical-free landscapes, pollinator gardens, and reducing water use and pollution from landscaping activities.
- Bedford Town Code – Of particular relevance to landscape projects are the local laws regarding wetlands, storm water management, zoning, and subdivision of land.
- Bedford Audobon – Take a nature walk through this gorgeous reserve, and check out their guidelines for Bird Friendly Communities! GJL consults with Bedford Audobon on ecological and wetland restoration projects.